1. Sew new curtains for the bedroom.
Okay, I just bought some from Ikea. Path of least resistance. We're gonna call that a CHECK!
2. Finally paint the living room.
3. Replace the mortise box on the front door so we could actually use it.
Greg and I actually tried to take the mortise box apart, only to find out that we're going to need to have someone pick the lock to even get the stupid thing removed.
4. Replace the back porch steps.
That's gonna happen this summer.
5. Replace the side fence.
6. Paint the patio slab.
We're gonna call this a CHECK! We didn't paint it so much as eliminate it.
7. Draw up a master plan for landscaping the front yard.
I'm working on this. Or I'm going to be working on this.
8. Remove the rhododendrons and azalea from the front yard.
I removed one! Er . . . I chopped down one.
9. Paint the exterior of the house. Quit laughing.
Okay, so this isn't going to happen. I'm hoping to be able to afford to have it done professionally next summer.
10. Put in baseboard and window trim in the basement.
This is a good fall/winter project, yes?
Taking housepainting off the list makes me feel like the rest of this is doable. Though we may end up building a deck in the backyard which makes me think I could remove something else from the list and still feel good about the year. And then my goal for 2012 will be to chill the hell out on home improvement so Greg doesn't move out in protest.
I'm surprised my husband is still around! :)ReplyDelete
Why? You're cute and you fix things!ReplyDelete